Sunday, November 29, 2009

I hope you like picture updates! :)

So a few of the girls came over so we could test out Mrs. Houk's Frosted Pumpkin Bars Wednesday night! They were a huge success! We went to dinner with our boys to the Flying Fish first. That was pretty interesting because we picked the table next to the men's restoom! That was a big mistake. Then we headed home to break out the ingredients and get started! We had a few setbacks....but a "little" outdated flour and a few minutes working with sifter and we were good to go! :)


Hanna...gettin' a little crazy with the mixer!


Chelsea had to use a makeshift apron for Hanna because she was making a mess!


Trying to get the right amount on each pan....it needed to look "thinnish" :)


They are in the oven and we are ready for them to come out.....



They are all ready to go in my handy little carrier that my mom got me for our wedding! Can't believe I havent used it yet! ;) You can check out Chelsea's blog for the full recipe! But I would HALF the recipe if I were you! They make a TON!! :)


I finally got to bed around 1:00 a.m......I had to stay up late to ice them after the girls left!  I got about 8 hours of sleep and was well rested for our 3 meals that we had to eat on Thanksgiving! Or should I say "got" to eat on Thanksgiving! We are soooo blessed. I love having so much family to see. 

Having a place to go is home,
Having someone to love is family,
Having both is a blessing.


Here are pics from a couple of our stops! ;) I didn't get any at the last house because I could barely move at that point! But, our first stop was Chris' granny on his mother's side, then off to my sister's house for my family gathering (and a little Wii action), and then back to Chris' parents house for the grand finale! :) All three meals were phenomenal I must say!


At our house before we left...



Me and my Momma! She was hanging on to our every word all day to get ideas for Christmas gifts! ;)



Chris and his Granny! Aka "Superwoman" We just LOVE her!




Playing the Wii......I'm up to bat and serious as a heart attack! I hit 2 homeruns! :)  I also managed to hit the ceiling fan with the remote while trying to spike a volleyball! Haha! I had no idea it could not sense me jumping, so it was pointless! :)



Momma and Chris going at it in the boxing ring! Chris got KNOCKED out! Haha.



Kathy is teaching me how to hoola hoop!



Giving it a shot! My husband is probably hiding his head in the couch somewhere! Lol.



My favorite little brother, Russell!



And my favorite sister, Kathy! Love her.



And I can't forget Devin! She's my....well I'm sure you can guess.....favorite niece!

Haha, I am sure glad I only have one of all of the above because it would be so hard to choose! I love them to pieces.  I was missing my nephew Haydn though! I hope to see him over Christmas! Same with my brother and sister in law!  Things are just never the same without you guys here! See you over Christmas!


We had SUCH a great break and I am so thankful to be in a job that I am not dreading going back to on Monday! Ahhh! That feels so good! I'm happy to be back to work tomorrow! Just a few more weeks and we will be ready for Christmas! I won't get much of a break because that's when retail gets the craziest! But, that's okay. Like I told my mom....I taught school for 3 years, I can do ANYTHING for a couple of months! ;)

Kris called and invited us over to watch the Razorback game on Saturday night. His mom had told us a while back that he would be in town over Thanksgiving and we needed to come hang out but we wanted to give them their family time.  We know his schedule has been so crazy.  But, he called to extend the offer once again.  So we ate a yummy dinner at the Grissom's around 4:30 and hung out for a bit and then headed to the Allen Casa. It was great to see everybody and for he and Katy to just be at home for a little while.  It's hard to not feel "at home" at Kim Allen's house! ;) Despite the Razorback's loss, we were all smiles.



And last, but certainly not least...I got to see my best friend, Anna, while she was in for the holiday! She and Tim were so gracious to bring another couple home for Thanksgiving and it was fun just getting to hang out and chat for a bit!  She even brought me a birthday present!! I got some new "sweater" boots and I LOVE them! They could not be more perfect. She always knows what to get me.  We kind of have a rule of thumb.....if we would like it, we know the other probably will too, so we usually just buy 2! :) Thanks so much for my gifts! I loved them all! Looking forward to your next visit and our next breakfast! Love you!


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well! Christmas......here we come!!!!! I will get more pictures with the in-laws next time, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment