Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Big Day for Miss Ava...


Haha.  I saw this online and loved it! :) This will soon be true for her....until we can reason with her and teach her otherwise.  Today was Ava's first day at daycare!  She now attends McArthur Christian Academy and we are so excited! I have been anticipating this day for several weeks now. I went to visit the daycare and fell in love....and they fell in love with Ava.  The Lord had a spot for her there.  They gave me all of the information Chris and I would need (even sent me home with a supply list..yippie!!) and told me they would see us on Tuesday, July 5th! So you know what I had to do! Shop! She had to have supplies! :)

So fun! I love shopping for "school supplies!"

I had been prepping Ava all week and weekend that she was going to be going to daycare soon.  We talked all about how she would soon meet new friends, learn to play nicely with them, take turns being held by their teacher, and how she would learn very quickly because of all that was going on around her!  She seemed pretty excited.  We had a super busy weekend (more on that in another post) and I knew she would be so tired come Monday night.  I was right.  She didn't get into bed until 10 pm and we didn't hear another peep from her until after 8:00 am on Tuesday morning.  I even went in around 7 and 7:30 to check on her, but this was what I found...

Sweet girl, tucked away in her favorite corner.  She starts out in the middle of the crib and scoots here. :)

Finally around 8:10, she flipped over and started talking.  We didn't have much time because I had a busy Monday, Tuesday ahead of me!  I brought her into the living room while I packed up the car and she watched a little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...it's right on up there with Dora the Explorer.  Finally she yelled out that she was hungry for her breakfast.  While I was feeding her Chris texted and said that he would be home shortly to take her to daycare with me! We were pumped because he originally couldn't go because he had registration until 10.  SO glad he got to go.  He was so happy to see his big girl all ready to go in her new outfit! :) And a fresh tan from the lake on Monday!

So sweet!

Everything was all set, Chris needed to make a drink and then we could be on our way...Ava told him how she thought her day would go while he made it.

Yacking away!

He loaded her up next to all of her supplies.  Woo, this little girl needs a lot of stuff!

We headed to the daycare and Chris glanced into the back seat.  He said, "Oh I didn't realize you got little stickers for her stuff.  Those are cute!  But, her middle name isn't spelled right!" WHAT! Say it isn't so!  A couple weeks ago I had gotten so excited about her supplies that I decided to go to Inchbug to order her some labels for her bottles and supplies.  I later checked my receipt and what do you know.....I spelled her middle name wrong on the labels!!! Yeah, Mother of the Year right here, I know!  :(
Yep, Lauryn is spelled with an E on every label!

But fortunately, I didn't mess up the entire order..

Her bottle labels were correct! If you look closely, you can see her name on it. These are nifty little things! They can go in the dishwasher, microwave, they can even be boiled.  The daycare has so much going on that you have to have your child's name on EVERYTHING, just to be safe.  They even had it on her diapers when I picked her up! :) Ha!

Love it! 

Well, we finally made it there...Ava was just drifting off when we pulled up (as if her 10 hour night was not long enough ;), but it didn't take her long to perk up when Dad got her out.

Let's do this!!

We headed inside and they we so happy to see Ava again.  She smiled from ear to ear as we walked to her classroom.  Once we got there, Mommy just needed another quick picture (or 10) and then we would go! 

Our hair is comforting to her for some reason! :) 

We stayed around and chatted for a while and actually ran into another friend that has a son that attends MCA.  Now we know 4 families that have a child enrolled there! They all seem to love it. :)  Tina, the director told me to feel free to call and check on her if I wanted to.  I said, "Nah, it'll be fine. I'm not a crazy Momma!" (Haha, who was I kidding?)  We hadn't been in the car 2 minutes before I realized that I need to tell them to refrigerate her bottles immediately.  I dialed her up and Tina let out a giggle.  She said she would take care of it right away.  As soon as I ended the call I realized that I also didn't tell them what time she last ate!!! Ahhhh!!! Chris would not allow me to call back! Lol.  He said, "They will figure it out, Susan."  And they certainly did.  Ava told them. ;)

I had a great, productive day at work and the day just flew by.  I couldn't wait to pick her up and hear about her day.  I walked in and asked Tina at the front desk how she had been. "I think, she's been pretty good today, but she hasn't slept at all," she said.  We both laughed and figured she was probably trying to take it all in and did not want to miss anything.  That's the Ava I know.  Tina was right.

Baahhhaaaa! Not a single nap.

I walked down the long hallway and was impressed because I didn't hear her.  Could it be true? She's not crying?  I walked around the corner (and scared Emily her teacher) and there she was...

Sitting in a bumbo just talking away!  This child will not give our bumbo the time of day at home! Lol.  Emily said Ava loved it! That made my day.  

We chatted for what seemed like forever and realized that it was such a small world! She is a cousin of one of our good friends and when she saw Ava's paperwork she looked us up on facebook a few weeks ago.  She added us, but we had no idea who she was (or so we thought), so we declined her friendship!  Big bummer! She was our baby girl's first teacher! :)  She laughed about it and told me she had been to Florida with Chris when he went on their family vacation.  I couldn't wait to tell Chris.  He remembered her instantly then!  Meet Emily...

She's SO sweet and her and Ava got along great! Makes a Momma's heart happy! I told her to add us again and promised to accept her request! (Of course Ava has had to have a change of clothes...as usual!)

I knew what would happen next.  No naps at school means Ava is one tired girl.  We weren't in the car for 3 minutes and she was DONE. OUT. :)  I talked on the phone all the way home about how great she did her first day.  Not a peep from Ava.

Love her.

I brought her inside and she woke up instantly to tell Chris about her day.  I fed her some green beans and gave her a bath right away.  I knew what was about to happen.  This was not my first rodeo.  Her excitement would only last a short time and then it was bath, bottle, bed!!!

"I'm serious Mom and Dad, I LOVED it! I can't wait to go see my friends again tomorrow!" 

And then, just like that...the day was over and the inevitable happened.


She was out like a light....even though it was still light out. Lol.


But one thing you learn about being a Momma...is that you don't fight it.  If they are tired, let them sleep.  It's best for everyone.  If they get over-tired, they are so restless for the rest of the night.  So, now it's about 10:20 and she apparently was not playing around. It was indeed, bedtime. :)

Thanks to all the wonderful ladies at McArthur Christian Academy!  We are so happy to be a part of the family.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment