Thursday, March 25, 2010

Two years just so happens to be the blink of an eye!

Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.
-Martin Luther

I have seen this quote in the home of a family that we visit often, and I just love it. It is something that Chris and I have been working on....to love, to serve, and to just be a joy to one another.

Last weekend (on Sunday) was our two year anniversary! Two years doesn't seem all that long to me anymore considering how long we have known each other.  The time just keeps going and going.

Friday night we went to McAlister's to catch up with some friends after work and school.  We ate out on the patio and just had a nice little time.  Then us girls headed to Target and Old Navy to see what trouble we could find. Before we knew it, we had been gone for 2 hours. Ooops. :)

Saturday evening Chris and I went to see Kendal Grace for the second time since her birth last Wednesday. She is just the sweetest little thing and I could not get enough of her! :) While we were there Lindsey's mother brought over a pot roast with carrots and potatoes! After saying no a least 3 times, Justin and Lindsey finally begged us to grab a bite.  I went in the kitchen and she had made SO MUCH! There were several of us visting and we were all able to eat.  What great people they have in their lives!  Lindsey and Justin had meals prepared and brought over by her mom, Saturday, his mom, Sunday, and then my friend, Sara on Monday!  And I am sure it won't stop there! What a huge blessing for them to spend time with their new little one instead of cooking or cleaning.  And Lindsey's good friend, Jackie, was by her side at the hospital and at the house rocking Kendal when we got there.  Jackie was comfy in her sweats and not going anywhere! :) So sweet.

She was showing off her lungs at the hospital! :)

Getting a little action. Tiny little thing, Chris was too afraid to break her!

Aaron wasn't though! :)

We had a great time catching up with Aaron.  We went to school with him growing up and he lives out of state now! Made the drive just to see Kendal! ;) Well, and maybe a few others while he was here.

And on Sunday we decided to have a small celebration for our anniversary.  I had been wanting to go to Copeland's since we had gone there shortly after getting married.  So we got up, went to church and then headed that way!

It is our little tradition to wear black and white on our anniversary each year. (And I'm hoping to keep Mickey's cake a part of the tradition as well, so we'll see!)

Wedding Day
Obviously sporting our black and white! :)

The yummy cake

Year One
The night before going on our cruise we ate our cake topper from the wedding and it was PHENOMENAL! :)


We forgot to take the saran wrap off before it thawed, but hey....it was still good! :)

Chris' whole family thought so! My mom did a great job preserving it for us!

Year Two


And more yummy cake! :)

And punch!

It was a great day. It rained and rained and rained! Sometimes I just love being stuck at home with my hubby! Especially on Spring Break. I love you, Christopher! Looking forward to another great year, and many more to come!

4 comments:

  1. I have a friend who just celebrated her 1 year anniversary with cake and punch. Love it! I'm thinking that is a tradition that I need to start. Almost 6 years in, but never to late! ha!

    Your wedding was beautiful. Can't believe it was 2 years ago! Seems like just yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2nd anniversary! What a beautiful couple! Hoping for many more to come for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated anniversary! I love your traditions! You guys are an amazing couple. Great to find your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I ever told you that I love love love you! Congrats on 2 years! Its so fun being married to your best friend! Can't wait to see you again!!!

    ReplyDelete