Monday, March 8, 2010

"What are you busy at?"

The essential question is not, "How busy are you?" but "What are you busy at?" "Are you doing what fulfills you?"
- Oprah Winfrey


Not sure where the time has gone!  This will be a pretty random post because my life has been in full swing lately! :)

Finally put up my picture wall that I had been wanting to do.  I bought some wooden frames months ago with the plan to do an all wood, just different shades, picture wall.  My mom got me several of them for Christmas!

I hope to keep adding to it and moving these closer together to allow room for more!

A few Sunday's ago, Kristin, Chelsea, and I went to the New Life Women's Event called "She Awakens her World." Christine Caine came from Hillsong Church in Australia to speak to us.  It was a great night and even though we left extra early, we still sat in literally THE last row in the church! But that was kind of a nice view! Christine brought the Word and blessed each of us.  Hanna was recovering from being sick, and Sydney was drowning in work.  We missed them dearly, but soaked up some extra knowledge just for them! ;)
Here are a few pictures from the night. 

The theme was rain...so there were umbrella's everywhere when we walked in! We all got one to take home, too! :)
See! The BACCCKKKK row! :)
The view in front of us! There were some major "seat savers" in the house! We had to pass up so many empty seats! :)
Kristin tickled "pink" about her new umbrella! So she decided to open it in the backseat of my car! Ha!

We headed to Sonic afterwards for a good drink! Poor Kristin, it was already past her bedtime! She was livin' on the edge with us! :)  I had a great time, girls!


The following week it was time for Wednesday Night Dinner......Rodriguez style. Not sure if you have seen that clan that gets fed every other Wednesday, but the number is pretty up there at this point.  I decided to go with Enchilada's to make sure I could easily feed the whole crew! And by easily I mean that I only had to leave work early and be in the kitchen preparing from 3:00 to 7:00! Lol.  We had chicken and beef enchilada's, cheese dip, mexican rice, and my (and I use that term loosely) version of a four-layer-delight for dessert!

Lots going on here!! Chicken, beef, chicken with beans, and beef with beans.  Beef with beans are my all time favorite! (Especially when cooked by Chris' parents!)
Starting the process
Got my assembly line set up!
And now we are ready for the oven!
One of my FAVORITE desserts ever, compliments of Patty Meador, my sister-in-law's mother! It includes all things good! Chocolate pudding, cream cheese, sugar, powdered sugar, cool whip, and graham cracker crust! Love it!
I also attempted to make Mexico Chiquito's fruit punch! The right side is what was left after dinner, the left is my sweet tea! Lol.  Not even a taste gone! :) I'm guessing that the punch tasted okay!??

I'm thinking Kyle might have been the culprit!
14 people in our tiny house is nearly impossible! :)
But we do what we can to make it work!
Some of the fella's! Poor hubby didn't make it into any of the pictures, but I promise he was there! :)

And the ladies!

We have such a good time at our dinners! I will cherish these times forever.  Our time here is short and I can't believe 2 years has just about gone by since medical school has started.  Cheers (in my high dollar red drinking glasses ;) to another great two years!  You guys/gals really help make med school a great life experience! 

This Saturday I spent the day and night with my little buddy, Nate! He is one popular little boy! He had TWO birthday parties to attend! We hung out around his house for a few hours before heading out for the day.  We jumped on the trampoline, ate lunch, read books, and watched a couple of his favorite shows!

Having a good time on the bouncy thing they had at Jude's party!

Tuckered out after 2 birthday parties! It's time for a bath, pajama's, and bed time! :) So tired, he slept from 9:00 p.m. to 7 a.m. WITHOUT waking up once!

Trying to get a 2 1/2 year old to smile at this stage in life is nearly impossible on command! ;) But, of course, I love him all the same!

I hope things are well with you all. I will post again soon........I have started a new bible study on Thursday nights that I can tell I am going to love.  More details on that later, but speaking of studying my bible...it's time to say goodnight so that I can get to it!

Oh, and I almost forgot..my day Sunday wasn't exactly the best day I've ever come across.  But sometimes bad days and weekends can have little bright spots.  Got this in the mail this weekend after one of my favorite Target earrings of all time lost it's life last week.....

Best friends can make any day brighter! I love you, Anna!


Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment