Sunday, February 21, 2010

That's a wrap.......

“Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace. And your best days are never so good that you're beyond the need of God's grace.” -Unknown

Yesterday started out fairly productive. Was out of bed by 9:30 or so.  Started a load of sheets and emptied the dishwasher. Paid bills (I seriously love doing this) and balanced the checkbook.  I needed to run to Target, but I like going better at night because there are less people there at that time on a Saturday. It was 2:00 and a perfect time to take a nap. This kitties were a little crazy so it took longer than usual to get to sleep.. The next thing I knew it was 4:20.  I wanted to hurry up and make dinner so that it would already be ready when we got home from church a little after 7.  I had the spaghetti going when I noticed a spot on the floor where it looked like the floor had raised up a little from water.  A few days before that, I noticed a spot by the fridge and immediately knew it was water damage, but I figured I had just gotten carried away doing the dishes and got water everywhere. I'm in my kitchen everyday and when something is different I know it! (It would take Chris a year to notice it ;)  I knew this new water spot had just appeared.  I decided to tell Chris about it. He came out of his office to take a look.  Once he saw the spots he went straight the to the sink and opened the cabinets underneath.  It only took him 2 seconds to realize that everything was soaking wet.  Now the ironic part about me being in the kitchen EVERY day...I open those same cabinets daily to get dish soap, sponges, windex, trash bags etc... but had no idea that we had a major leak!!!  This might be why.......


This is everything under my sink.  (It's on the counter at the moment.)
In case you can't tell I really like to clean or at least make sure we have 2 of everything necessary in the event that we need it. This is most of the reason that I couldn't tell we had a drip.  Chris called his dad to come over because even once we removed all of my precious cleaning materials, we still couldn't quite see what was dripping.  That's how wet it was.

Chris' dad, Fernando, was at our house in about an hour because he knows good and well we are not handy at anything around the house! He was able to find the leak and stop it for the time being.  Water had spread  to the 3 cabinets to the left of the sink. When he kneeled down to get up off the floor, water started seeping through the cracks! How crazy is that?!  He said he couldn't explain why the water had come up in two totally different spots on the floor, but that was indeed from that leak.  He said it very well could have been doing this for weeks.  The water had to go somewhere. Once it had completely soaked underneath the sink and cabinets it just kept traveling to different spots along the floor.  We opted to keep the leak stopped with his quick fix and wait for Chris' exam on Friday before we took the time to run to Home Depot and get what we needed to make sure the valve wouldn't malfunction again.  So in the meantime.....

We are working on drying it out as much as we can before we decide how to fix/replace the wood.  Right now the fan is working overtime, but it is working! :)

We had to stop and remember the pros and cons to buying a house built in 1935.  We definitely haven't had a ton of things go wrong so far and for that we are thankful.    Life does this to you sometimes.  Sometimes there is an explanation and sometimes there is not. God is going to take care of us no matter what, and that's really all we need to know.  We are beyond blessed.

I missed my nephew's birthday party today and I am so bummed about it! I woke up with a throbbing headache, swollen eyes, and I can't stop sneezing! I've never really suffered with allergies, but I'm thinking that might be what it is.  Then later I accidentally shut my finger in the laundry room door for just a tiny second.  This is what it caused.....

Major bummer huh? And not to mention.......gross! It hurt so bad! It was the worst second of my life! Ha! :)



Two of my loved ones birthday's were celebrated this weekend! My nephew, Haydn, that I couldn't make it to!

Here is the little handsome man! He is turning 9!


And Chris' younger brother Nick...

This is Nick when he finally realizes that his dad and friend put new wheels and tires on his ride! :) 

He was one happy camper! And sporting the new jersey from his other brother and sister-in-law!


We love you, Nick and hope you had a great 18th birthday! Cannot believe you are that old now!

Looking more alike than anyone ever expected!


Well, I'm off to bed! I hope everyone had a great weekend even though the weather was yucky! :) Lots of love!

2 comments:

  1. Bummer, so sorry to hear about the leak! As you have nowhere to store your cleaning items (ALL of them) you could come up here and use them up on my house. LOL!
    Hope it is a really easy fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well friend...I hope all turns out well! Let me know if I can be of any help with the whole process! You know I am always up for some Tropical Smoothie and Target runs....I had a blast!! =)

    ReplyDelete