Saturday, February 6, 2010

What's new???

So much has happened since my last post........but what is new, right?!  Well a few things. :) I have been around the world and back and am enjoying a nice quiet Saturday at home to reflect......

Christmas came and went.....I was so sad to take down all my Christmas cards.  We got SO many fun ones this year! They made my day every day for over a month! :)






We received a wonderful blessing a few days after Christmas.  We call her Piper. :)


She is a MESS!!! So cute, so funny, so bad, and all we can do is kiss her sweet little face!
Knocked out!

Being sweet.  We've been calling Alex "BBB", stands for Big Bad Brother! ;)

Why do you keep taking pictures of me??


On New Years Day we went to Branson for a little alone time before school started back up! We left Friday and got back on Sunday. We shopped, ate, and slept! It was FABULOUS! And we woke up to all this snow and hit the road before we got stuck!
Looks like "Fail Creek", but it is really "Fall Creek" :)


We came home to this present ALL over the guest bed.......



So you know I had to run to Target! This was in fact an EMERGENCY! :)

Alex was already claiming the bed. :) He didn't make the mess so he knew he could get up there.


Chris' great aunt Imogene turned 94 the Sunday we returned! She is so "with it".  She got out of those house a few months ago to drive to the dollar store and was just SO impressed with herself that she drove straight to the DMV to get her licensed renewed.  What can I say, she's a woman who get's what she wants! ;) She's now legal for another 4 years!


There's almost 10 years difference between the two of 'em! Granny (Superwoman) on the left, and Great (in so many ways) Aunt Imogene on the right.  LOVE these ladies!



 

My grandma passed away at the age of 83....I flew to Rhode Island to be with family.  No pictures from the visit to post on this update....not the kind of family gathering where we pose in front of the camera. She will be GREATLY missed and she is in such a better place. I am thankful that God allowed me to be her granddaughter. She took care of us quite a bit when we were younger.  I have so many good memories that I will hold on to forever. I do however have a picture of one of those. :) Thank you for the sweet cards that were sent and even a gift.  It really meant a lot to me.

This is in Hawaii!






I came back home for less than a week and then it was off to Portland to visit my sister in law, Billie Jo. I was terrible and didn't really take many pictures!  But it was such a relaxing time. She had to work just a little, so I took it up on myself to sleep in, not shower until at least noon, and then watch some much needed HGTV! LOVE that channel!  We tried some new restaurants, shopped at the outlet malls, got pedicures, watched The Bachelor, cooked dinners, made rice crispy treats, and really just had some quality time catching up and talking about the future! :)

And did I mention that we went to Target???? :)


And that it was 2 STORIES!!!! You put your buggy on this "roller coaster" type thing, and then you get on the escalator beside it! This excited me into spending a little more than I needed to, which turned in to another trip the next day to return a few things! Haha! Anna, I bet you would have completely understood! I will be praying that one of these comes near the both of us soon! ;) 


I came back home fully preparing to get back to work.... After about a day of that, mother nature came by for a short visit. :)


In the first car, I got to witness them rolling down their window and punching the ice out so that they could see as to whether or not it was safe to go through the stop sign.  And the second truck was sliding into our front yard because they did not have enough momentum to go up the small hill.  Which does happen to be a "one way", so he could not turn around. :(  I was fortunate enough to not have to get out on/in this mess.  School was cancelled for Chris and we enjoyed a nice quiet 3 day weekend at home with our loves.....


Doing what they do best! (I encourage you to look closley at the top picture, she is TOTALLY at his mercy.  This happens about 5 to 10 times a day and about 5 to 7 times throughout the night.....all because she won't leave Alex' tail alone and he gets so angry! ;) When Piper is asleep, she's OUT.....we have so much trouble getting her to wake up! She always looks drugged!


And finally we are back on track with our Wednesday night dinner crew! Love these guys! We never cease to laugh our heads off when we get together! :)
Laura is missing in this one, she had to leave for a bit!  :(

But then she came back just in time for the whole gang picture! :)



Well, next time you ask someone "What's new?"......... just be prepared for what it might result in. :)

-Love you guys and I hope December and January were good to you! I am getting into the Valentine's Day spirit and with our 2 year anniversary coming up in March, I thought I would put all (most) of the songs from our wedding on my playlist.  I hope you enjoy.  These songs tie such special memories to them for me.

Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment