Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Weekeenndd.....

Winter is the time of promise because there is so little to do - or because you can now and then permit yourself the luxury of thinking so. ~Stanley Crawford


 I woke up Monday morning at 6:50.  I was going to run to the bathroom and jump back in bed. I only had a few more hours before my weekend was officially over and my work week began.  I looked into the living room to see if the cats were up and it looked REEEAALLYYY bright through the blinds.  I peeked through and this is what I saw......


I immediately woke Chris up and said, "You are NEVER going to believe your eyes, look outside!"  We had watched the weather the night before and knew there was some talk of snow, but not THIS. I grabbed my phone to text my boss and had a text from Chelsea about 1:30 a.m  that read, "I know you're sleeping, but it's POURING snow outside!!" Haha! I couldn't believe it because texts almost always wake me up, but this time I had not heard a thing (thankfully because I wouldn't have been able to go back to sleep from all the excitement)!!! As the day went on it snowed more and more, harder and harder.  I can't remember the last time I saw this kind of snow in Arkansas.  It was beautiful. I dealt with work for a few hours trying to decide what malls should open, what malls were fine, and what malls should close early.  It's a little stressful for me because I don't really like having a say in it.  Years back when we had a major ice storm and I had to work at the mall, I got into a small wreck (hitting a telephone pole) and it took me 3 hours to get from McCain Mall to Jacksonville (which is about a 10 minute drive.)  It definitely was not worth me being out and when panic sets in (for me and many other people trying to get home) it does not make for a safe journey.  So on mornings with questionable weather, I usually stress for a few hours until everyone is safe and all decisions are made about closings.....and then I can enjoy my snow day.  :)

I knew I wanted to make a snowman (or woman) with Chris, but I am such a weenie and REALLY hate being in the cold! All day I went back and forth from not doing a whole lot to cleaning random things around the house. I dusted (which i HATE), cleaned baseboards, ceiling fans, did laundry, and a few dishes.  I had some taco soup simmering on the stove all day for dinner.



I thought it would be perfect timing before dark to go outside and play in the snow and then come in and eat our warm soup! So we went. I think it was a nice break for the both of us.

Chris let it be a "snow woman!"

Chris was a pro at rolling the snow into a ball and when I asked him where he learned to build a snowman he replied, "Uhhh.....Charlie Brown."  Apparently I am the only one who had NO idea that you actually "roll" it into a ball. I was scooping and piling. I may not be good at building it, but I can accessorize! :)  She had raisin eyes and buttons (one missing), a baby carrot for the nose, and twizzlers for the mouth.  Topped off with an always in style and classy black scarf and a cute newsboy cap! We had a BLAST!  And it doesn't look like it, but I did wear gloves! I had to take them off to doll her up and set the self-timer up on the camera.

I had kind of been sulking all day because we were having issues with our oven and I wanted cookies. We needed to re-light the pilot light, but were a little nervous because we had never done that before and don't particularly like messing with a gas stove. We kept thinking of all the things we could eat that didn't need to be baked in the oven! Haha! And then it occurredto  me that we have owned a toaster OVEN since we got married!! Yahoo! We were going to have cookies afterall! Thank you, Granny, for the BEST toaster oven ever!


And Chris' parents and brother came over yesterday while I was at work (I hate that I missed them) and re-lit the pilot light for us! We were back in business for a quiet dinner at home tonight.  So thankful.

Yummy. Chicken spaghetti, crescent rolls, and sweet tea.


Chris still has a test on Friday.........

And apparently, they are all in this together. ;) 


 I have really been counting my blessings these past few days.  Just to name a few......

A warm house with plenty of food to munch on.
A flexible job with great coworkers and employees.
Texting and Internet. :)
A family that always checks on us.
Time to clean.
Time to rest and relax.
Great friends to keep me laughing.
Two cats to keep us company.
Definitely my husband. 
And my God who provides it all.


I have been back at work and am headed to Fort Smith tomorrow just in case we get a bit more winter weather late tomorrow night. If YOU have to get out, BE CAREFUL!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had some fun snow instead of ice. We have had tons of snow up here this year and Aidan has enjoyed every minute of it. Stay safe on your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Glad you enjoyed your snow days! Looks like you had fun. =)

    ReplyDelete