Monday, February 15, 2010

Just another day....with sprinkles on top.

For you see, each day I love you more
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.

~Rosemonde Gerard


Today was a great day for us. Doing things we enjoy doing! We woke up at 8:50 without and alarm and decided that we could still make it to the early (well earlier) church service! Ha!  The message and worship were great. Church was PACKED today. Afterwards we had lunch at Tropical Smoothie in Maumelle.  If you know me, you know I could eat at this place 7 days a week.  Chris is good eating there once a month! :) But since he was preparing a steak dinner later he figured we better eat light. I got my usual half sandwich, chips, and smoothie! Delicious.


We headed to Target for just a few minutes after lunch and then home.  I woke up this morning with a headache and thought it would be best if I just rested for a bit.  Chris decided to join me. We slept for almost 3 hours which made my head worse, but Chris woke up feeling just perfect!  It started to rain (and snow we found out later) which made it a GREAT day to just lay around. He REALLY needed this 3 days weekend. I'm so glad he feels like he can rest and relax. 

Once we got up, I ran to Kroger to grab a few items and he cleaned, and I mean CAH-LEENED the bathroom! It usually gets cleaned right after a test, and for that I am grateful. He finished and showered and then we started dinner. It had to be timed just right so nothing would get cold. I started the salad and "heart attack" potatoes, while he got our new cast iron skillet ready for the steaks!







Dinner took only about 20 minutes to prepare, so we had to work quickly. :) Everything turned out just perfectly.  We turned the tv off and enjoyed a nice quiet and delicious meal together.

Steak, potatoes, corn, salad, and crescent rolls.

After dinner we cleaned the kitchen and got ready to exchange gifts and cards. If you know me well, you know I don't miss an opportunity to eat chocolate covered strawberries! I simply love them. :)

Lots of goodies for us to share!

We had a great day doing basic things we enjoy doing. After dessert we watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and The Holiday.  Such a good Sunday! Whether it was spent with someone else or alone.....I hope your Valentine's Day was spent doing something you enjoy and that you know you are loved!

Our babe's being sweet...hopefully not just for today! ;)

Happy Valentine's Day to my LOVE, I would be absolutely be lost without you, today and every day! Thank you for being my best friend.

2 comments:

  1. Well I have to say Im so impressed!!!! You make me smile Susan!!!! Happy Valentines Day to you both, a day late! I love you and miss you! It was good seeing you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    This is such a sweet post! Exactly the way I hope to be when I'm a newlywed! I am glad ya'll had a good day and that you're doing well.

    Haley

    ReplyDelete